and Maths (STEM): Education for
- In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the number of students showing interest in STEM courses. One of the reasons is the lack of qualified STEM graduates who can combat the shortfall of the capable workforce.
- Every action we do revolves around Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, which is why students, professionals, entrepreneurs, scientists, and technologists from all over the world have recognized the value of STEM courses.
- According to the experts, now is the right time to develop STEM capabilities in students beyond what is required in a technologically advanced and information-based society.
- An international STEM degree holder brings a variety of qualities to the table such as the ability to work on a global scale, communicating cross-culturally, comfortable in travelling etc. Such attributes are more valued by organisations which offer the international STEM degree holders an edge over their competitors.
- Today, wherever discussion regarding innovation and creativity pop up, the STEM professionals are always included. International experience for STEM students always paves way for making connections and growing a network.
- STEM graduates are in high demand both in the United States and overseas. Students interested in careers in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics may consider pursuing a STEM degree.
Address Global Challenges
- At AU, we aim to prepare future STEM leaders by developing their most salient skills and passions to make a personal impact on the world while at the same creating an innovative new model for STEM education.
- Aligned with national and international standards, the STEM courses at AU provide students with an advanced and comprehensive understanding of global concerns about equity, social justice, economic growth, climate change and sustainability.
- Pursuing a STEM degree from AU facilitates students with a wide range of skills that are becoming increasingly vital for employers in a variety of industries, not to mention the highest employment rates and salaries in STEM fields including engineering, technology, computers, and information technology. By enrolling for a STEM course at AU, some of the skills students will learn include:
21st century skills
STEM education teaches students to be curious, innovative, experiment with new things, and solve complex problems.
STEM students can learn from amazing teachers, use the latest technology, and work with giant corporations.
Equality at work
According to UNESCO, access to STEM education is a human right. Nations are working tirelessly to promote equality in STEM education and workforce.
Be at the forefront of new inventions
After graduation, you will be working at a company into innovative, ground-breaking technology, putting you at the forefront of your field.