The Acacia University Professional Development courses focus on one or two proven, research-based strategies, taught in a way that makes classroom implementation easy and effective. When these strategies are used consistently in the classroom, learning becomes more effective and fun for the students. The strategies encourage higher level thinking skills and can be used in any subject area.
*All Acacia professional development opportunities support AdvancED, NCA CASI, NWAC, and SACS CASI school improvement journeys.
$75 One-Credit Mini-Courses for Continuing Education Credit
- Each mini-course includes reading material, a video presentation, and assignments/assessments
- Each mini-course is go-at-your-own-pace but must be completed within 4 weeks of enrollment
- Available on computers or mobile devices
- New topics available each month
- Mini-courses may be conducted by administrators or teacher-leaders in a workshop format or completed individually
Each mini-course awards
- After submission of the course work and survey, a completion certificate of 15 clock hours of professional development will be awarded
- One Continuing Education Unit graduate credit on an official Acacia transcript
- An opportunity to transfer mini-courses taken on one topic into a graduate program (course work will be reviewed at that time)
Prerequisites for graduate credit
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working in and/or associated with an educational institution
We look forward to you joining Acacia Professional Development!