This teacher preparation program provides options for students to choose their own courses. All courses are stackable and upon completion may be transferred to one of the master’s degree programs at Acacia University. This university is an approved institution of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) which allows the university to provide distance learning programs and coursework to students located in states other than Arizona.
- Eligible participants must be graduate-level teachers (instructional specialists, administrators, or any other school staff member assigned teaching duties or with access to educational facilities and programs) with current access to classrooms and a school (from grades preK-12, any content area).
- Participants must have regular access to a computer with reliable internet connectivity.
- The Introduction to Graduate Studies – Site Orientation must be completed prior to the start of the first course.
9 Credit Hours
Customized Teaching Preparation
- EDA509 Essential Instructional Strategies
- EDC540 Classroom Management
- EDC560 Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- EDC500 Power Strategies for Effective Teaching
- EDC510 Power Strategies for Classroom Assessment
- EDC520 Power Strategies for Improving Comprehension
- EDC572 Foundations of ESL
- EDC577 English Language Learners/Linguistics
- EDC535 Reading and Writing
- EDC550 Child and Adolescent Development
- EDC570 Special Needs Students
- EDC578 English Language Learners with Special Needs
- EDA559 Education Law
- EDA549 Principles of School Leadership and Management
- EDA589 Personnel Management and Supervision
- EDA569 Education Finance
- EDA579 Foundations of Elementary and Secondary Education
- EDA599 Principles of Continuous Improvement