Non-Degree Studies Admission Requirements

Acacia University offers students the opportunity to take courses within our school without formally pursuing a degree. This option is allows those (who do not currently wish to pursue a degree, but are interested in taking competitive courses) access to skilled faculty within the University. Please note that international students on F-1 or J-1 visas are not eligible to enroll in non-degree coursework.

To be eligible for graduate level non-degree studies, students must meet the following requirements:

  • Non-degree students may choose to change their status and enter into a formal degree program. To do so, students must reapply for admission using the Application for Graduate Study and submit required credentials. If admitted into a degree program, a maximum of eight classes taken in non-degree status may be applied toward the degree program.
  • Successful completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university - The degree must be verified on original transcripts sent by the undergraduate institution directly to Acacia University. Applicants submitting diplomas, degrees, or course transcripts from non-US Institutions must have their academic credentials evaluated. Acacia University will accept credential evaluations only from World Education Services (WES).
  • English language competency - Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must take a test demonstrating their knowledge of English. An applicant must score at least 530 (on the paper-based exam), or at least 213 (on the computer-based exam) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or at least an overall 6.5 with no individual sub-score below 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS).
  • Verification of a teaching position - The position must be verified by a letter on school letterhead from an administrator of the school in which the teacher is practicing. (more info)
I am Ready to Start the Application for Admission to Non-Degreed Studies
I Still Have Questions