Acacia University’s name reflects our belief of life-long learning. The symbol and name of the acacia as the “tree of knowledge”, as it is known in many cultures, embodies our ongoing commitment to provide unparalleled standards and vehicles for learning. Acacia is committed to delivering educational programs of the highest quality through innovative forms of distance learning. To this end, Acacia University offers outstanding distance education in programs that extend extraordinary and interactive opportunities for students to reach personal and career goals.
Acacia University believes that innovative, relevant, and rigorous educational programs offered in a responsible distance learning format throughout the world will not only enhance individual personal and career goals, but will contribute to business, social, economic, and educational needs of our society. Acacia University will be recognized as a premier program for those who desire to earn a certificate or degree while expanding and deepening their understanding of a profession and/or applying their skills in the workforce.
Our values include:
- Excellence in teaching/learning by offering a high-quality and student-focused education
- Organizational integrity by operating with the highest ethical standards
- Diversity and civility by supporting multicultural understanding and maintaining respect for all learners and staff
Our goals include:
- Increase enrollment by partnering with businesses, agencies, and programs
- Strengthen our national reputation for excellence by providing the workforce with outstanding employees
- Ensure financial stability and growth
Our objectives include:
- Provide educational opportunities at the lowest cost feasible
- Provide courses that challenge, but do not frustrate
- Maintain high academic standards
- Establish an energizing learning environment by engaging students in worthwhile learning tasks
- Build and foster a “learning community” culture that fosters questioning, stretching, and understanding
- Measure student, staff, and employer satisfaction regularly
At Acacia University we understand that affordability, convenience, flexibility, support, and learning communities are key elements that should never be compromised. Our graduates claim that we are unlike other universities in our care and support for the student. Our instructors, Learning Coaches, and mentors are all trained to provide an environment that promotes an energetic and thoughtful learning culture.
Acacia University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or other legally or policy protected status, in the university's services, educational programs, and activities, including but not limited to, admission to and employment by the university. As a federal contractor, the university is committed to affirmative action in employment for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.